Sunday 25 January 2009

One big pile of...

Yes, I'm sure you know where I was going with that. Especially when I reveal that I'm currently viewing (for the second time, as I couldn't believe it the first time) a film called Mammoth. I also didn't see this all the way through, so thought I'd check it out again. As one does of a Sunday evening in January.

I think it's meant to be some kind of sci-fi comedy horror. Well, one word's right, anyway. I'm actually quite astonished that Tom Skerritt (who I've always admired) wanted to be a part of this.

The plot, such as it is, revolves around a prehistoric mammoth. Which has apparently been revived by some kind of alien technology. And is now on a rampage round a small town in middle America, which appears to be populated by an assortment of complete freaks and weirdos. And two of the most useless FBI types in history.

And when I tell you that they're now using a microwave to revive a disembodied hand, I think that pretty much explains everything, really. I may not make it to the end of the film this time either.

No comments:

Post a Comment