Monday 24 October 2005

The Librarian

Quest for the Spear

Shown this evening on Sky One. And what an utter load of complete bilge it was.

Ok, I admit that I watched it all the way through, mainly due to Noah Wyle - though I have to confess that it's turned me right off him now. So he's supposed to be a librarian. Right.

I know librarians. I am one. I studied with them. And he's not one. Not even if you suspended your disbelief from the top of the Empire State Building. I mean, really. It's rubbish. Just act a little geeky, with no discernible social graces and you'll be about right. Oh and then play for laughs. Arrrgh.

Let's face it, this was a cut-rate Raiders of the Lost Ark. Not so much Indiana Jones, more West Midlands Jones.

Oh Kyle Maclachlan, what were you doing? Did you just need the money? Shocking, truly shocking how low one man can sink... And then of course, there's the obligatory girl-fight. yawn C'mon people, let's have some originality for a change. Please. Please make it stop. I'm not sure I could cope with the deadly Scorpion leader and the time travelling ninjas touted for the second episode.

Still, nice to see Bob Newhart doing his thang. He was by far the best thing about the whole shoddy mess. Even if he was playing a rather aged Marine. Bless him.

No comments:

Post a Comment