Sunday 30 October 2005

Aaaah, the weekend.

After my week of Travel Guide Hell, it's nice to have a time when you don't have to do anything at all. Well, except watch thoroughly silly films on the telly and catch up with the latest goings-on in the Yorkshire Dales.

Yes, I have a shameful secret. I watch Emmerdale. Not much of a secret now though, but never mind. It's mindless, thoroughly mad and totally easy to watch. On a Sunday morning that's just what you want. I blame my mother though. She got me watching it. She blames Gwyn, cos he used to put it on when she got home from work. Whatever the reason, it's just fun. And there's not nearly enough of that these days.

Now I'm watching Jurassic Park II: The Lost World. Easily the worst of the trilogy, mainly because there's no Sam Neill in it. Though there is Jeff Goldblum, a slight consolation. There's also a very annoying man, playing a terribly terribly upper crust Englishman, presumably to balance out Pete Postlethwaite. Oh, and look, the horrid bad man is going off on his own - he couldn't have done better if he'd just painted a big sign on his back saying 'Dino Chow, come and get it!' Sheesh.

But anyway enough of the rambling... back to my week of fun. 133 discs copied - thank god some of the publishers could take DVD otherwise it would have been a lot, lot more. And 80 of those discs were done on Friday. A new personal best, though it's worrying me that a) I kept a note of how many I did and b) that I'm rating it as a new record, like it's an Olympic Sport or something. Mind you, I'd be gold medal material with figures like that.

I really need to get out more. A lot more.

No comments:

Post a Comment