Wednesday 17 June 2009

I like bad films and I cannot lie...

And this one is a corker. Komodo vs Cobra.

From the very start, it was clear how it was going to go, given the look of the really dreadful CGI. I mean, it's on a par with Shark In Venice, so I think you get the picture. Oh, and there goes another hapless victim, eaten whole by a gigantic Komodo Dragon. (I'm not entirely sure of the need for capitalisation there, but what the hell, it's the size of a house!)

Oh, it's already eaten one scientist and a platoon of the most shoddy special forces soldiers I've ever seen.

And the giant cobra has been snacking on another scientist and a camera man.

I would explain the plot, but I don't think there's that much of one. It started off, as these things often do, with scientists on a deserted island trying to develop genetically engineered plants to cure world hunger. A laudable aim, as I'm sure you'll agree. And after their initial success, in stroll the military and order them to use their research for more 'lethal' purposes. I'm not entirely sure about why the military is involved, but there you go. I would suggest that thinking too hard about the plot is probably not the best course of action.

I don't think I'll manage to last until the end of this one. Perhaps I'll come back to it another day. Or in another life.

1 comment:

  1. I watched the trailer and I can not lie, you might be right about labeling that a bad one. But I too am a fan of the same kinds of movies. My friends and family continue to laugh at me for my love of "Clash of the Titans." Apparently there is to be a remake with an all star cast in 2010. But still, whenever the 1981 version is on television, I must watch it. Even though I've seen it like a 100 times already.

    ReplyDelete